- 1 year ago
Doc Scratch Plush Giveaway Time!
All righty guys, HAPPY 612! I finally finished my next Homestuck crochet plush- Doc Scratch! I had a few requests for either a member of the felt or the good doc himself, so here he is, in full yarn glory. I decided he would be my first attempt at a tumblr giveaway! :3
About the Plush:
He stands at just about 11” tall, with a body made of yarn and a felt jacket, and is stuffed with polyfil. His jacket features two little white buttons and a hook-and-eye closure. Under the jacket, a green felt bow and suspenders are sewn directly to the yarn. His arms and legs are attached with doll joints, meaning he’s poseable! (His arm movement is constricted with the jacket on, however.)
- Winner will receive the pictured Doc Scratch crochet plush! (Aranea plush is NOT INCLUDED.)
- Winner will receive free shipping in the U.S., and discounted shipping for anywhere else in the world. (If you’re curious about the international shipping cost, send me an inbox message telling me where you are and I’ll calculate shipping for you!)
- Likes and reblogs count, you can reblog this post as much as you want.
- You don’t have to be following me to win, but it would be pretty cool if you did! I post mostly Homestuck, Pokemon, crochet stuff, and cats. :P
- The winner will be chosen through a random number generator sometime on June 30th. Please have your asks open so that I can contact you!
That’s about it! If you have any questions about it, feel free to shoot me a message or whatever. ^^b
(via nobuenonacho)Source: first-mate-kate
- 1 year ago
finally getting the chance to upload pictures of this!
for my art 4 class this year i was given a collage / assemblage project. i decided to combine my project into both a collage and assemblage by making spades slick here. let it be known that THIS WAS DONE BEFORE THE UPDATE WHERE WE REALIZE HE IS STILL ALIVE. anyway here are some details about slick here:
- HE IS INDEED DOUBLE-SIDED! to reflect when we first meet him at the beginning of the intermission until we last see him (at the time) in [S] Cascade.
- slick himself is foam board and everything is collaged on.
- clothing gloves and hat - i stiffened two different types of fabric (one softer and one rougher) by coating pieces of the fabrics with glue. i was then able to cut neat pieces of the fabric and glue them on for his clothing.
- face - his face and scar are construction paper and his eyepatch is also white fabric stiffened with glue. each of his teeth and eyes are individually cut out pieces of a magazine cover.
- revolver - doc scratchs revolver that hes holding is also cut out pieces of a magazine cover. i used a magazine cover because i wanted these particular parts to be shiny
- metal arm - my teacher gave me this metallic cardstock-type paper to use and its perfect. i layered it on with each piece overlapping the next
- shoes - his shoes are magazine clippings. again for the glossy-yet rough effect
- base - wooden platform along with broken clock pieces and gears painted green just like how he destroyed the felts green clocks. and that is indeed a broken alarm clock stuck on 4:13. i pasted the 413 612 and 1025 numbers on the clock for some inevitable significant-number-call-back
ok so thats about it??? hope you guys like him he took some time to finish! i got a 98 A on him!
- 1 year ago
i call this:
The What Pumpkin
so finally uploading pictures of this after my spades slick collage / assemblage.
if it isnt already obvious this isnt a real pumpkin guys! every year at school there is a pumpkin project that the art 3 & 4 classes do during september - october. this was literally completed about 2 days before [S] Cascade.
- on the front are john dave rose and jade on the skaia battlefield. the trolls zodiac symbols are around them with their patron trolls strategically placed above them in order. well almost. karkat is a combo breaker. i decided against making rose grimdark because i didnt want her to stand out too much.
- and on the back is a recreation of wvs drawing of the four planets. i really tried to imitate it as much as possible and went so far as to get each stroke on each of the clouds right.
so yeah hope you guys like it! (i cried tears of blood over this)